WP-Glossary: create your own glossary of hot-linked terms, right inside your own site!
Reasons for using wp-glossary plugin:
- External glossary sites don’t have all the words and terms you need.
- You want to keep your visitors on your site (not send them to an external glossary site).
- You don’t want the adverts that the external site popups come with.
Keep your visitors on your site, keep their experience consistent and pleasant using your theme.
Download from WordPress plugin extensions: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-glossary/
Please consider reporting all bugs and feature requests in the WordPress support forums!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the plugin auto tag my glossary terms?
No. But if you want it to, let me know and I’ll add it.
Can I link it to an external glossary
Yes. As of version 1.2 you can add a reference title and link.
Will there be a nice tool-tip style hover mechanism?
A simple tooltip feature was added in version 1.1.3.
How do I use the terms in my site:
- Basic usage
- How to create a glossary list
- How to create a glossary a to z
- How to have multiple glossaries (group your terms)
- How to turn off glossary tooltips
- Where is the Options Menu?
- Where Are My Terms? They Disappeared!
How do I build a template for my glossary terms?
WordPress has a template hierarchy. Go into your theme and create the template file single-glossary.php (you can copy post.php or page.php).
How do I change the slug ‘glossary’?
I have added language support as of version 1.4.2. Please do sent me the language files, and I will add them to the plugin. Don’t forget to rebuild your permalinks after adding the translation (or changing your language).
I may update this page before WordPress plugins. So if your version doesn’t have all the features, then you are getting a sneak preview into what is coming up. Please be patient