There have been a few releases since my last plugin blog update. But in favour of progress and the greater good, I’m trying not to be afraid of mistakes. So I’m trying to embrace committing early and often. (It’s a blog post of its own but here are some references Commit Early, Commit Often, Don’t Be Afraid of Commitment and Using version Control) Anyway, enough side-tracking. I just wanted to highlight why I’m not going to blog every time there is a plugin update.
This entry covers versions 1.3 and 1.4
I have added support for i18n. I’ve tested it a little, but this is new to me, and I don’t think I have done it correctly. There are no errors generated, and the ‘Codestyling Localization‘ plugin recognises the text domain and allows creation of .mo and .po files. Cross fingers I’ll figure out what’s going on, and make sure it is implemented fully and correctly.
The glossary post type supports editing the excerpt. This the text used in the tooltip hover – you can use standard WordPress excerpt filters to change how the text appears.
The A to Z range function (for the Glossary A to Z) is passed through a filter so you can change the character range. I’m hoping this will allow for other alphabets and non alphabetic characters. I am however, banking on WordPress handling everything else nicely 🙂
New version check hook. This will fix any permalink issues that folks might have. I don’t seem able to flush the permalinks on plugin registration, so this now happens every time the plugin gets updated. So this will fix old and new installations.
On The To Do list
These the ideas I have for what to add next. I can’t guarantee it though.
- Make tooltip optional
- CSV load of glossary terms
- Glossary taxonomy